1) True heading is 270°. Magnetic Variation is 10° East. What is magnetic heading?
- 260° (correct answer)
- Cannot be calculated
2) An aeroplane is on VOR radial 124, and it is flying at magnetic heading 300°. OBS setting is 300°. What does CDI indicate?
- TO/FROM flag is positioned: FROM, the needle moves one dot to the left.
- TO/FROM flag is positioned: TO, the needle moves one dot to the right.
- TO/FROM flag is positioned: FROM, the needle moves two dots to the left.
- TO/FROM flag is positioned: TO, the needle moves two dots to the right. (correct answer)
124°+180°= 304°;One dot 2° on the CDI
304°-300°= 4°;4°/2°= 2 dots
3) The Co-ordinated Universal Time (UTC) is
- the Local Time.
- the Zone Time.
- the time on the longitude 0 degrees. (correct answer)
- the Standard Time.
4) How far will an aircraft travel in 2-1/2 minutes with a groundspeed of 98 knots?
- 2.45 NM.
- 3.35 NM.
- 4.08 NM. (correct answer)
5) Magnetic course is calculated using the equation
- true course plus/minus compass deviation.
- true course plus/minus magnetic variation. (correct answer)
- true heading plus/minus magnetic variation.
- magnetic heading plus/minus compass deviation.