1) Which climbing speed is higher?
- Speed of the highest vertical climb. (correct answer)
- Speed of the highest climb degree.
Vx means the best angle of climb airspeed (i.e., the airspeed which will provide the greatest gain in altitude in the shortest distance). Vy means the airspeed for the best rate of climb (i.e., the airspeed that you use to gain the most altitude in a given period of time).
2) At a non-controlled airfield the wind is from 350°, 10 knots. There are two runways, 09 and 27. Which runway would you use for take-off?
- 27 (correct answer)
- Either of them.
- No take-off is allowed in this scenario.
Take off always needs to be performed opposite the wind direction.
In this case runway 27 is in the opposite direction of the wind.; Choosing runway 09 would mean tailwind.
3) Official data regarding operating limitations and allowed mass of your aircraft could be found in
- Certificate of Airworthiness and in Certificate of Registration.
- Official Gazette of Civil Aviation Authority.
- Aircraft’s Flight Manual. (correct answer)
- Maintenance Log.
4) If the grade of fuel used in an aircraft engine is lower than specified for the engine, it will most likely cause
- a mixture of fuel and air that is not uniform in all cylinders.
- an increase in power which could overstress internal engine components.
- lower cylinder head temperatures.
- detonations. (correct answer)
5) Airport taxiway edge lights are identified at night by
- white directional lights.
- blue unidirectional lights. (correct answer)
- alternate red and green lights.