1) What does SQUAWK IDENT mean?
- Operate the squawk ident button on transponder. (correct answer)
- Reset squawk.
- Transmit present squawk.
- Transmit registration number.
2) How to transmit the following: HB-JYC?
- Hotel Bravo Juliet Yankee Charlie (correct answer)
- Hotel Beta Juliet Yaw Cherokee
- Honduras Beta Jungo Yankee Charlie
- Hotel Beta Juliet Yankee Cherokee
3) An aircraft squawking 7700 indicates that…
- the aircraft is in distress. (correct answer)
- the aircraft is hijacked
- the radio on-board is out of service.
- the aircraft carries a sick passenger.
7600: Communication failure
7500: Unlawful interference
4) The word scattered “in aviation report means
the cloud covering of the sky is:”
- 3 or 4 octas (correct answer)
- 5 to 7 octas
- 8 octas
- No clouds below 5000 feet AGL
1 octa = 1/8th cover of the sky
FEW = 1–2 octas;
Scattered = 3–4 octas;
Broken = 5–7 octas;
Overcast = 8 octas i.e., full cloud coverage
5) What is the meaning of the term “VFR flight”?
- Flight according to visual flight rules. (correct answer)
- Training flight.
- Flight without passengers on board.
- Flight according to instrumental flight rules.
6) What is the meaning of the term “VMC”?
- Visual meteorogical conditions. (correct answer)
- A flight accordingly to instrumental flight rules.
- Instrumental flight rules.
- Visual flight rules.
7) What does the term “ALTITUDE” mean?
- In aviation, the term altitude can have several meanings. (correct answer)
- Height above an airfield.
- Flight level.
- Standard altitude.
8) The controller may request the pilot to temporarily stop transponder operation using the phrase…
- SQUAWK STANDBY. (correct answer)
- SQUAWK IDENT.
- COMFIRM SQUAWK.
- STOP SQUAWK.
9) When switching the transponder to STBY'”
- the transponder is immediately available, if required. (correct answer)
- the sensibility of the receiver is reduced.
- the selected code is transmitting flight level information only.
- the transponder is switched off completely.
10) Which frequency is intended for a conversation between the intercepting aircraft and the intercepted aircraft?
- International emergency frequency 121.5 MHz. (correct answer)
- Local air force frequency.
- Local emergency frequency.
- Frequency air-air.